First Blogging Assignmnet


Hello, my name is Frame Inhom, and Im currently a junior pursuing a biological science degree. I was born and partially raised in Thailand but moved to Barrow, Alaska roughly 12 years ago. Attending school and socializing were the biggest challenges I faced when I moved due to the language barrier. I am planning on getting into the medical field with the degree I’m pursuing and possibly obtaining a career as a pediatrician or primary care physician.

"The Great Wave" or "Under the Wave off Kanagawa" pictured above is by Katsushika Hokusai.

 I took a couple of art classes back in Thailand while growing up and really enjoyed the process of each style of art. I drew a lot back in middle school and participated in calendar drawing competitions, as well as drawing for the yearbook cover. The only time I spend drawing is when Im figuring out my next tattoo design, which is original work. Attending art museums has been on my bucket list for a while. I’ve never gone to one but I am excited to cross it off my list soon.

Comments

  1. Good for you for wanting to pursue helping people through medical expertise. Such a shortage of primary care physicians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how determined you are to pursue your dreams! I am also planning to go into the medical field, and understand how scary it can be at times. I would love to see some of your tattoo designs! It is awesome that you make your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the Wave off Kanagawa is an iconic piece of Japanese artwork that presents elegance through simplicity. The traditional Japanese style of tattooing is one of my favorites to draw as well, because it is just like the great wave; simple, yet elegant and full of storytelling. I can only imagine what it would be like to be one of the Japanese sailors in the painting braving the great wave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barrow is on my bucket list to go see. I love how you are determined to help young children by wanting to be a pediatrician. Children are the future and I know that by your hard work that you say in this blog you will be a great doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts